I Just (Can’t Sleep)! Now What? With Jessica Stephens
What’s your relationship with sleep? Were you a good sleeper as a baby? If so, that could mean you need a lot of sleep as an adult! My mom told me that I slept through the night pretty early on as a baby! You’re welcome Mom! Unfortunately that trend didn’t keep going. There did come a point where me and sleep were NOT friends and I suffered from really bad insomnia! From late high school, through the early years of my career there I would have many sleepless nights. The cause, well of course stress! But also my lifestyle and what I was consuming. From bad food to late night emails.
Listen in as we talk about:
- Sleep and feeling so tired after getting hit with Covid
- Suffering from Insomnia and how I had to training myself to turn off my brain
- Sleeping pattern as infant lead
- Student life and early in my career I was stressed and that caused my insomnia.
- The need for a good night time is essential to overall healthy
- Tips for getting better quality sleep.
- Impact of removing coffee from my diet was life changing.
- Mind tire vs. physically tired and importance of moving the body
- Time of day that you eat has a big impact on your sleep
- Foods that have a big sleep impact - Sugar and other processed foods
- Taking inventory of food you eat and when you eat it
- Night routine - so important
- Showing at night let’s me release my thoughts
- Sleep meditation helps unwind.
Do you love the show? I would appreciate your support in keeping the show growing. You can do so by joining the Podcast Patreon here.
I’d love to connect with you: