I Just (Got Diagnosed with ADHD)! Now What? With Jessica Entner
Do you know someone who has recently been diagnosed with ADHD? It seems like everywhere we look on the corners of the internet, or in conversations with friends and family, more and more people are finally diagnosed with disorders that have impacted their entire lives.
Joining me for this conversation is Jessica Entner. She is an Executive Creative Music Producer/Supervisor and founder of J.E.M Music Strategy and Production in 2021, a full service music agency specializing in branded entertainment and advertising. As a former singer/songwriter signed to Warner Chappell, Jessica has worked in all facets of the music industry during her 20+year career. Growing up in LA, her formative years were spent going to shows on the Sunset Strip.
As a female entrepreneur, a mom, and an ADHD advocate, Jessica has navigated her success from entry level to business owner, while also trying to understand how her neuro-divergence can be a superpower. Her strong belief in equity in the music industry, especially for women and people of color, is a core value and company mission.
We dive into the nitty-gritty of what ADHD is and the power that comes with knowing and receiving a diagnosis. She discusses coping mechanisms that can become crutches and the importance of understanding comorbid symptoms. She also talks about how her mom struggled with mental health challenges, potentially including BPD and ADHD.
Finally, she shares about how she and her son are doing now and the positive impact that her diagnosis has had on her life.
Listen in as we talk about
- Life before her ADHD diagnosis
- Finding out she may have ADHD through her son’s self-assessment test
- Attaching ADHD traits her to her personality
- Learning how to reparent herself
- How her relationships have changed since receiving her diagnosis
- The nitty gritty of what ADHD is
- The power in knowing and receiving a diagnosis
- Coping mechanisms that become crutches to us
- Understanding comorbid symptoms
- How her mom struggled with mental health challenges, potential BPD and ADHD
- The challenges that come with not having a diagnosis
How her and her son are doing now
Episode Sponsored by Arbonne 30 Days To Healthy Living
Do you love the show? I would appreciate your support in keeping the show growing. You can do so by joining the Podcast Patreon here.
I’d love to connect with you:
- Come follow me on Instagram @jess.loves.life
- Signup for my new newsletter here
- Or read more about all the things I love on my new Blog Jess Loves Life
Connect with Jessica Entner