I Just (Got Divorced)! Now What? with Jennifer Arvin Furlong
This week’s episode, we delve into the life-altering journey of Jennifer, a woman who bravely shares her experiences navigating the tumultuous waters of divorce after over 25 years of marriage. Through candid storytelling, we explore the complex layers of her emotional rollercoaster, from the initial shock of her husband's revelation that he no longer wanted to be married, to the profound challenges of rebuilding her life from scratch.
Jennifer's story takes us through the highs and lows of her post-divorce reality, where she faced the abrupt loss of her marriage without the luxury of a separation period. She candidly shares the process of finding a new place to call home, redefining her career path, and grappling with the daily tidal wave of emotions that comes with such a significant life change.
As she learns to shed the weight of shame and guilt associated with her divorce, Jennifer reflects on whether her long-term relationship was ever salvageable and how her role within her family has transformed over time.
Jennifer Arvin Furlong is a highly rated communication/media specialist with 30 years of experience in the communication industry and 18 years of experience teaching in higher education. She is the author of Mini-Handbook for Jackasses: Communication & Relationships and co-author of the #1 Amazon international best seller, Cracking the Rich Code. She is a TEDx speaker and coach and host of the Communication TwentyFourSeven Podcast. Whether through a keynote or a workshop, Jen will motivate you to embrace the power within and develop the communication skills you need to level up your business and your life.
Listen in as we talk about:
- What you need to know about Jennifer
- The background of her marriage
- Building a house together after 25+ years of marriage
- When her husband first said he didn't want to be married anymore
- Not getting a separation period in her divorce
- Figuring out where she was going to live, work, and how she was going to survive
- Cycling through her emotions on a daily basis
- Learning to not feel shame or guilt about her divorce
- The time frame between her husband asking for a divorce and it going through
- Was the relationship ever salvageable?
- How she’s navigating her emotions today
- The shock that came for her kids and not hearing from his family again
- How her role within her family has changed
- What’s next for Jennifer
- Her new passion project and podcast
Arbonne Greens Gut Glow Bundle. Use promo code ARBONNE10 at checkout to get 10% off. (https://www.arbonne.com/ca/en/shop-all/nutrition/green-gut-glow-convenience-pack/p/1055%20CA) Or start a subscription and save with 20% off every order and free shipping! (https://www.arbonne.com/ca/en/arb/JessicaStephensToronto/cart?shareId=8835579432487)
- Do you love the show? Support us on Patreon so we can keep growing! https://www.patreon.com/IJustBlankNowWhat
I’d love to connect with you:
- Come follow me on Instagram: https://www.instagram.com/jess.loves.life/
- Signup for my new newsletter at: https://jessicastephens.ca/
- Or read more about all the things I love on my Blog: https://jessicastephens.ca/blogs/jess-loves-life
Connect with Jennifer:
- Instagram: https://www.instagram.com/jenniferarvinfurlong/
- LinkedIn: https://www.linkedin.com/in/jennifer-arvin-furlong-16779a5a/
- Website: https://www.communicationtwentyfourseven.com/
- Use the code "PODCAST" to receive a 20% discount on her books
- Go to https://www.communicationtwentyfourseven.com/communication-style-assessment to download a free assessment to discover what your Dominant Communication Style is.