I Just (Had a Near Death Experience)! Now What? With Christina Paruag
There are so many illnesses that often go undiagnosed for a long period of time. Sometimes, we have symptoms, pain, or things happening to our body, yet we write it off as something that will just “go away”, but often it’s on the doctor's side that diagnosis is missed.
My guest in this episode is Christina Paruag, and she’s sharing her story about her endometriosis diagnosis and the journey it took for her to get there. She’s raising awareness for all women to pay attention to signs and signals our bodies are trying to show us.
Christina is a content creator, public speaker and endometriosis advocate. She became an entrepreneur, editor-in-chief and consultant after launching her first business FemEvolve as a media platform and magazine, and later a business and events consulting agency.
She's a professional public speaker, sharing stages with hundreds of guests on health, personal development, mindset, entrepreneurship and more.
Listen in as we talk about:
- Her journey through having strange periods, pain, symptoms she couldn’t figure out, and being sick for 8 years
- How her symptoms led to a diagnosis of endometriosis
- Becoming resistant to antibiotics and going into septic shock
- How her life changed through her diagnosis, and the realizations she had after being told she wouldn’t make it through the night
- What endometriosis is and how its an illness that lives outside of the uterus
- Actionable things you can do if you’ve been diagnosed with endometriosis
Christina spends her free time writing, exploring the world through new travel experiences and connecting with other endo warriors while continuing to advocate for proper health care internationally.
Connect with me
Connect with Christina