I Just (Kept a Promise to Myself)! Now What? With Jessica Stephens
It’s my birthday month, and I thought it would be fun to do something different with this episode! As you know, I tend to do a lot of reflection around this time of year…what went well, what I loved, what I would do differently, and so on, so this week’s conversation is about the promises we keep (or don’t keep) to ourselves.
In this episode, I take a moment to read a few listener reviews of the show and ask for one special birthday wish from you. Then, I dive into today’s topic of ‘keeping promises to ourselves’.
I candidly share why it's been so easy for me to break promises to myself and the impact it has had on my self-esteem and self-worth. Can you relate?
We then talk about the power of committing to the little promises we make for ourselves and how it can lead to a greater sense of self-confidence and belief.
I also get into the relationship between procrastination and perfectionism and how they can contribute to broken promises, as well as the importance of remembering and getting back to your 'why' to help you stay motivated and focused.
Throughout the episode, I emphasize the benefit of keeping the little promises we make and how it can lead to greater success and fulfillment. I encourage you to remove shame, judgment, and self-blame and offer tips to help me flex my discipline muscle and stay on track.
Listen in as we talk about
- Reviews of the show & my one birthday wish from you!
- Noticing the promises I made to myself and if I've kept them or broken them
- Why it's so easy to break promises to ourselves
- The power of commiting to the little promises we make for ourselves
- Realizing there were cracks in my belief of myself
- The relationship between procrastination and perfectionism
- Remembering and getting back to our 'why'
- Finding the benefit in the little promises we make
- Removing shame, judgment and self-blame
- Tips to flex our discipline muscle
Episode Sponsored by Arbonne Greens Gut Glow Bundle use promo code ARBONNE10 at checkout to get 10% off. Or Start a subscription and save with 20% off every order and free shopping!
Do you love the show? I would appreciate your support in keeping the show growing. You can do so by joining the Podcast Patreon here.
I’d love to connect with you:
- Come follow me on Instagram @jess.loves.life
- Signup for my new newsletter here
- Or read more about all the things I love on my new Blog Jess Loves Life