I Just (Moved to a New Continent)! Now What? With Maggie Perotin
In a time of such uncertainty and turmoil in the world with all the conflict and thousands of people being displaced, I thought it was fitting to share this Now What story with you this week.
Maggie Perotin joins me on my podcast to talk about what it was like immigrating to Canada from Poland. While Maggie isn’t a refugee, she does shed light on some of the challenges and opportunities she faced coming to a new country.
As an international business and leadership coach, Maggie Perotin gives service-based entrepreneurs clarity and tools to exceed their business goals and transform into high-performing CEOs of their business.
Maggie is a host of the Diamond Effect podcast.
She lives in Canada, Toronto area, with her blended family with 4 kids. She loves spending time in nature, traveling, reading, dancing and good food.
Listen in as we talk about:
- Leaving Poland and coming to Canada
- Meeting her Canadian mom, who helped her navigate coming to a new country
- Choosing to end her marriage and the loneliness that came with that
- The language and work barriers she faced coming to Canada
- What immigrating taught her
Connect with me
Connect with Maggie