I Just (Produced a One Woman Show)! Now What? With Merit Kahn
Does it ever feel like you are doing all the things and wearing all the hats? Kind like your life is a One Person Show? Well today, that’s actually what today’s guest Merit Kahn actually did, she wrote, produced, starred in a One Woman Show.
Listen in as we talk about:
- How it takes 12 people to actually run a One Woman Show!
- How her divorce inspired her start doing things she kept putting off
- Turning 50
- A vision of performing in front of a large group during a meditation.
- 50 Things to do before her 50th Birthday list. Only had 2 things, Travel to South East Asia and perform a comedy show.
- Our dreams are fulfilled through our experiences
- 50 mins of stand up comedy for her 50th Birthday was the original plan
- Broke up her life in 5 decades and the lessons she learned as the blueprint for the show.
- Mine your life for your experiences and the lessons. Through the lens of comedy.
- Comedy helps make life situations lighter and easier to carry.
- Looking at life through new lens of find the funny
- That skill will help you look at your life and give it perspective.
- Formula for life: Tragedy + Time = Comedy
- Was a lone ranger - learned the lesson of asking for help and delegating
- A saying from her Dad; Who chiseled that over the door?
Do you love the show? I would appreciate your support in keeping the show growing. You can do so by joining the Podcast Patreon here.
I’d love to connect with you:
Connect with Merit Kahn
See Merit’s one woman comedy show November 11 & 12 in Denver, CO