I Just (Gained 100 lbs)! Now What? With Debbie Freeman
This week’s conversation is about gaining and losing weight. It’s no secret that sometimes we gravitate towards the bag of chips or other snacks when we’re stressed. That, paired with the impact stress has on our body, can leave us feeling defeated and overwhelmed.
But what if it didn’t have to be that way? What if there was a way through the stress, trauma and struggle we go through in life, in a healthy way?
Joining me for this conversation is Debbie Freeman. Debbie is a motivational speaker who suffered physical and sexual abuse as a child and was determined to make her dreams a reality. She's a real person that has lost everything, including her own self-confidence through a painful divorce with an addict, which had led her to gain 100 pounds.
Through self-love and determination, she found herself again and was able to lose the weight and go on to become United States of America’s Miss Nevada in 2021 at the age of 51.
Listen in as we talk about
- Finding out about her now ex-husbands addictions
- How he took everything from her and their family
- Starting to eat to fill a void and help manage her stress
- Releasing her husband and their marriage, and choosing to go on a new, healthier path
- The baby steps of starting her weight loss journey
- Evolving into the pageant industry and helping other women
- Releasing control of her life and allowing things to fall into place
Do you love the show? I would appreciate your support in keeping the show growing. You can do so by joining the Podcast Patreon here.
I’d love to connect with you:
- Come follow me on Instagram @jess.loves.life
- Signup for my new newsletter here
- Or read more about all the things I love on my new Blog Jess Loves Life
Connect with Debbie: