I Just (Fulfilled My Mom’s Dying Wish)! Now What? with Emily Johnson
It’s an incredible gift to be able to fulfill someone’s dying wish. It’s even more special when that person is your mom.
In this episode, my guest Emily Johnson shares her powerful story for fulfilling her mother’s dying wish: to finish and publish her manuscript.
Emily’s mom, Marilyn, was diagnosed with cancer, and after a long and courageous battle, crossed over to the other side in 2012. In her passing, she left Emily a beautiful gift: a manuscript she never had the chance to finish.
Emily was born in Aspen, Colorado where she enjoyed skiing, dancing ballet and playing golf. At the age of 13, she and her family moved to Pinehurst, North Carolina. She attended UNC-Chapel Hill and graduated with a degree in Journalism and Mass Communication with a concentration in Public Relations. She began her career in the marketing department at the PGA TOUR, before moving on to traditional agency work and non-profit grant writing. Finishing her mother’s work has been one of the greatest honors of her life.
Listen in as we talk about:
- Her mom’s illness and her passing at Emily’s young age
- Emily’s first thoughts when she found the manuscript
- The impact that finishing the manuscript had on her healing
- The gift in her writing journey and the connection it has brought to her in the afterlife
- How Emily’s publishing process was different from how you would typically publish a book
The process of writing her next manuscript
Connect with me
- Apply to be a guest
- Become a Patron of the Podcast
- Email: email@example.com
Connect with Emily