I Just (Became a Special Needs Mom)! Now What? with Deborah Fletcher
Becoming a mom for the first time is scary and unpredictable, there are so many unknowns and uncertainties.
In this episode, my guest Deborah Fletcher shares how she became a mom of twins, and how she has navigated life after one of her girls was born with special needs.
Deborah is an adult educator, author, speaker, and mom of twin daughters. She also works as a realtor, which helps to support her obsession with snooping through other people’s homes.
Twenty-two years ago she gave birth to identical girls - alike in every way except one was born with physical disabilities. So began her journey, learning how to care and advocate for her daughter and starting her career as an entrepreneur.
Listen in as we talk about:
- Finding out she was pregnant with twins.
- The emotion that comes with finding out that one of her twins had brain damage.
- How Deborah navigated having a child with special needs, and how difficult it was to process the emotion behind milestones that her other daughter was hitting.
- The mindset shift Deborah needed in the face of adversity
- Deborah’s advice and perspective for other parents going through a similar situation
- Her new book and how it will inspire you to live life on purpose, regardless of the hand you’re dealt
Connect with me
Connect with Deborah