I Just (Left My Childhood Religion)! Now What? with Christina Carlson
In this episode, we sit down with Christina Carlson, a Self Relationship Coach, Speaker, Facilitator, and the Host of the podcast "Bitches, Witches, and Queers." Christina shares her remarkable journey from a strict religious upbringing to finding her true self and purpose.
Christina begins by delving into the intricacies of her early life, growing up in a household deeply devoted to religion. Raised to give her life to the church, she reflects on her earliest memories of feeling afraid and her limited exposure to external TV and media. As she started awakening to different forms of spirituality, she shares the pivotal moments that led her to question the path she was on.
Today, Christina's life looks radically different since she cut ties with her religious past, but she shares what she still holds onto from that time and community. She offers invaluable advice for those struggling with their own faith-based identity and talks about what drew her to coaching.
As we wrap up the episode, Christina reveals one thing that brings her immense joy in her life now.
Listen in as we talk about:
- What’s important to understand and know about Christina
- How she was raised and how religion played into her upbringing
- Being raised to give you life to the church
- Her earliest memories of feeling afraid
- Having very little exposure to external TV and media
- Starting to awaken
- Being exposed to different types of spirituality
- Healing from an emotionally abusive relationship
- How her siblings dealt with their religion
- Behind her fear of her parents finding out she was considering other paths
- The trauma bond of how they were raised
- The rocky relationship between her and her parents now
- Did she feel it was cult-ish before getting out of it?
- What her life looks like now since cutting those ties
- What she still holds onto from that time and that community
- Her advice for those struggling with their own faith-based identity
- What drew her to coaching
One thing she’s doing to bring her joy
Arbonne Greens Gut Glow Bundle. Use promo code ARBONNE10 at checkout to get 10% off. (https://www.arbonne.com/ca/en/shop-all/nutrition/green-gut-glow-convenience-pack/p/1055%20CA) Or start a subscription and save with 20% off every order and free shipping! (https://www.arbonne.com/ca/en/arb/JessicaStephensToronto/cart?shareId=8835579432487)
- Do you love the show? Support us on Patreon so we can keep growing! https://www.patreon.com/IJustBlankNowWhat
I’d love to connect with you:
- Come follow me on Instagram: https://www.instagram.com/jess.loves.life/
- Signup for my newsletter at: https://jessicastephens.ca/
- Or read more about all the things I love on my Blog: https://jessicastephens.ca/blogs/jess-loves-life
Connect with Christina:
- Instagram: https://www.instagram.com/christinacarlsonlifecoach/
- TikTok: https://www.tiktok.com/@christinaclifecoaching
- LinkedIn: https://www.linkedin.com/in/christinacarlsonlifecoaching/
- Take her quiz: What ex-religious pipeline are you on? https://www.tryinteract.com/share/quiz/62cb270bc1f8bb001856616f
- Join her 3 month 1:1 Coaching Intensive called You Matter