I Just (Sold My Business to Bill Gates)! Now What? with Beate Chelette
What happens when you hit rock bottom? How do you pick yourself back up again and start over?
In this episode, Beate Chelette shares how she defied the odds, overcoming a painful divorce and the devastating loss of her business, only to rise stronger and sell her company to Bill Gates for millions. Discover her unwavering determination and be inspired to unlock your own potential in today's ever-changing world.
Beate's captivating story takes you on a rollercoaster ride of resilience, betrayal, and triumph. Brace yourself for shocking revelations, exhilarating comebacks, and a post-sale adventure filled with passion and unlimited possibilities.
Join us as we welcome Beate Chelette, Growth Architect and Founder of The Women’s Code, who provides visionaries and leaders with strategies that grow their authority so that they can scale their impact.
A first-generation immigrant who found herself $135,000 in debt as a single parent, Beate bootstrapped her passion for photography into a highly successful global business and eventually sold it to Bill Gates in a multimillion-dollar deal. She is amongst the “Top 100 Global Thought Leaders” by PeopleHum and “One of 50 Must-Follow Women Entrepreneurs” by HuffPost.
Recent clients include Amazon, Reckitt (the maker of Lysol), Chevron, Merck, Johnson & Johnson, the Women’s Legislative Caucus of California Cal State University Dominguez Hills, Shelter Inc., Mental Health First Aid and thousands of small businesses.
Beate is the author of the #1 International Award-Winning Amazon Bestseller “Happy Woman Happy World – How to Go from Overwhelmed to Awesome”–a book that corporate trainer and best-selling author Brian Tracy calls “a handbook for every woman who wants health, success and a fulfilling career.”
Listen in as we talk about:
- How Beate came to love systems and strategies
- Acknowledging her higher purpose, and the journey she took to get where she landed
- Finding out her husband was an alcoholic and pathological liar, and choosing to get a divorce
- Getting blindsided by an ex-employee, lawsuits and losing the business completely
- Having the idea for stock photography syndication
- Building up from her rock bottom, and consolidating her debt to start again
- How she sold her business to Bill Gates
- Finding the strength to navigate a journey like this
- How life changed after selling her business for millions of dollars
- Creating a new business out of passion, from the ground up
- What she’s doing next
- Figuring out what works, what worked, and what no longer works
- Understanding what’s possible for you today
- Arbonne Greens Gut Glow Bundle. Use promo code ARBONNE10 at checkout to get 10% off. (https://www.arbonne.com/ca/en/shop-all/nutrition/green-gut-glow-convenience-pack/p/1055%20CA)
- Or start a subscription and save with 20% off every order and free shipping! (https://www.arbonne.com/ca/en/arb/JessicaStephensToronto/cart?shareId=8835579432487)
- Do you love the show? Support us on Patreon so we can keep growing! https://www.patreon.com/IJustBlankNowWhat
I’d love to connect with you:
- Come follow me on Instagram: https://www.instagram.com/jess.loves.life/
- Signup for my new newsletter at: https://jessicastephens.ca/
- Or read more about all the things I love on my Blog: https://jessicastephens.ca/blogs/jess-loves-life
Connect with Beate: