I Just (Started a Production Company)! Now What? With Sheronna Osbourne
This week’s episode is an inspiring conversation with a powerful woman in the media and arts, Sheronna Osbourne.
We talk about what it was like starting her production company from the ground up, the trials and hard moments she faced, her advice on how to navigate it, and where she’s headed in the industry.
Sheronna Osbourne is an award winning Canadian actress and filmmaker based in Toronto. As co- owner and Vice president of Crossfield House productions (A Black owned and 80% women led company) Osbourne has written, directed and starred in both theater and film productions which have been selected for festivals throughout North America.
Her most recent short film “Out of Order” that she co-directed, co-wrote and played the lead role in was recently awarded best actress, best short film and best editor at the 2022 Hamilton Black Film Festival. Osbourne was one of the hundred selected to take part in the 2022 Banff Spark Accelerator for Women in Business of Media and has also produced content for major brands such as Sony Music, Wray & Nephew, and TD Bank.
With a background in fashion business, Osbourne is a Costume Buyer for the IATSE film union, where her work can be seen on OWN networks The Kings of Napa, Netflix Original series Locke and Key and Lifetimes Salt-N- Pepa. Currently Osbourne is developing a tv series with her writing team and is preparing a tour for her latest co-written and directed play “ Ninety Four” set to hit the road in the fall 2022.
Recognizing the importance of nurturing and supporting young talent, Osbourne has worked directly with youth through the Ada Slaight Youth Arts Mentorship Program and the Forgiveness Project to give opportunities to young adults who wish to develop their skills in front and behind the camera as she continues to hone in on her own skill sets.
Listen in as we talk about
- What you may not know about Sheronna
- The backstory of the play she created with friends and the start of her production company
- The imposter syndrome and questioning how to bring the shows to life
- Showing up in all areas of her life with a different energy
- Navigating things when they didn't go right
- Handling rejection and redirecting your focus
- Words of wisdom for somebody coming up behind her
- What's next for Sheronna and her team
Episode Sponsored by Arbonne and their instafamous Green Gut Glow Drink
Do you love the show? I would appreciate your support in keeping the show growing. You can do so by joining the Podcast Patreon here.
I’d love to connect with you:
- Come follow me on Instagram @jess.loves.life
- Signup for my new newsletter here
- Or read more about all the things I love on my new Blog Jess Loves Life
Connect with Sheronna