We Just (Opened Our Marriage)!! Now What? with Katherine Lazaruk
Have you ever thought about opening up your relationship? Maybe you’re curious about if it will really work or not, and the level of trust and communication that is needed in order to navigate it successfully.
From having different partners, to learning how to communicate, and creating a deeper bond within their own marriage, Katherine Lazruk shares what the experience of opening up her marriage has been like.
Join us as we welcome Katherine Lazaruk, a poet and author of the collection Love is Not Pie: Variations on a Monogamish Theme. Love is Not Pie is a personal exploration navigating the world of consensual non-monogamy and polyamory.
Katherine Lazaruk wrote this poetry collection after her own experience of embracing radical honesty in her marriage, when she extended herself into the realm of non-traditional relationships. She has spent nearly twenty-five years exploring personal growth, self-awareness, and self-acceptance. She brings that knowledge to her poetry, sharing what it feels like to be fully embodied, fully yourself, and fully expressed in this limited world.
She is a huge fan of opera, jazz, and of course poetry—reading the work of others as well as creating her own. When she's not working or writing, she can be found enjoying live music, movies, good food and drinks and hanging out with her dear husband, David, and a plethora of chosen family and good friends.
Listen in as we talk about:
- What to know about Katherine off the bat
- Giving yourself the ‘permission slip’ you’re looking for
- Her dating history and how she met her husband
- Knowing what your deal breakers are
- Reconnecting with an old flame and realizing she liked flirting
- Starting the conversation around having an open marriage
- How polyamorous relationships work
- The importance of open and honest communication
- Non consensual non-monogamy
- Can you trust someone to tell you the truth when you know they are lying to someone else?
- The wedge COVID created
- Starting the process of writing her book
- The meaning of the book title
- The aftermath of different relationships and going to therapy
- More about her husband and other partners she has had
- How do you tell your families about this type of relationship
- Triangle Theory of relationships
Getting to learn different versions of yourself through your relationships
- Arbonne Greens Gut Glow Bundle. Use promo code ARBONNE10 at checkout to get 10% off. (https://www.arbonne.com/ca/en/shop-all/nutrition/green-gut-glow-convenience-pack/p/1055%20CA)
- Or start a subscription and save with 20% off every order and free shipping! (https://www.arbonne.com/ca/en/arb/JessicaStephensToronto/cart?shareId=8835579432487)
- Do you love the show? Support us on Patreon so we can keep growing! https://www.patreon.com/IJustBlankNowWhat
I’d love to connect with you:
- Come follow me on Instagram: https://www.instagram.com/jess.loves.life/
- Signup for my new newsletter at: https://jessicastephens.ca/
- Or read more about all the things I love on my Blog: https://jessicastephens.ca/blogs/jess-loves-life
Connect with Katherine: